What we're about.

My Happy Place is a cozy, creative destination for scrapbookers and crafters to do what they love: relax and enjoy their favorite craft project. Our studio is a crafters dream! Our crops provide a venue ideal for scrapping - your own 6ft table, lots of space for friends, wi-fi, and many tools including a Cricut, Cuttlebug, and Sizzix Dies/cutter, to help you create beautiful scrapbook pages or crafts that your family will enjoy for years to come. We also offer a wide variety of classes and can host events such as birthdays, ladies nights, bridal/baby showers etc. that your guests will rave about for years.


Thursday, July 26, 2012

Upcycling on card.

Hello My Happy Place friends!
Here's a simple card that you can make from your "trash"
Yes!  That's right, I said trash!
The last time I was at MHP I wanted to make a card with this design, but I was having trouble finding some paper scraps that matched. 
If you have ever come to MHP you probably know Marie, well she saw I was having problems and tossed a paper at me and said "try this"
What I ended up doing was punching these squares out of the front cover paper from a pack of paper.  You know the one, it shows strips of the papers that are in the pack.
Thus I used trash to make this card!

I arranged the squares and adhered them to a piece of scrap from my stash then ran it through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.

I used "Just a Note" (#6405)
from Eureka! Stamps for the sentiment at the bottom and added some pink and blue embroidery floss.
Easy peasy!
Next time your are going to throw away your "trash" think again and see if you can make something with it.
Check here to see another way that I used "trash" on a card.

Thanks for stopping by today, leave a comment and let me know if you have ever used "trash" on a project.
Hope to see you soon at My Happy Place!

No comments: