What we're about.

My Happy Place is a cozy, creative destination for scrapbookers and crafters to do what they love: relax and enjoy their favorite craft project. Our studio is a crafters dream! Our crops provide a venue ideal for scrapping - your own 6ft table, lots of space for friends, wi-fi, and many tools including a Cricut, Cuttlebug, and Sizzix Dies/cutter, to help you create beautiful scrapbook pages or crafts that your family will enjoy for years to come. We also offer a wide variety of classes and can host events such as birthdays, ladies nights, bridal/baby showers etc. that your guests will rave about for years.


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Some cards to share


 Hello My Happy Place friends!
I just wanted to share a few cards that I've made recently.
They each have a special or different technique that I'd be glad to share with you.
When you come to MHP, just ask me and I'd be glad to share.
If you know ahead of time that you'd like to learn one of these techniques,
let me know and I will be sure to have the supplies handy
as they are not all things I keep with me at MHP.
Just leave a comment here or a message on our facebook page.


 
I made this card for the QKR Stampede design team challenge
"Make It Sparkle"
The background has heat embossing as well as glitter,
the snowmen are covered with glitter.


 I made this card using a homemade diffuser for the dry embossing.
 You can see better in this picture that there is a 
circle behind the butterfly that has no embossing in it.
  On this card, I used gold embossing powder on the
"magic dust"
 This card is actually a gift card holder.
The tree is embossed with gold embossing powder and heat embossed.
Here is where the gift card is hidden.

So let me know if you'd like to know more about these different techniques.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you soon at My Happy Place!

~Crop Queen Kristie~

No comments: