What we're about.

My Happy Place is a cozy, creative destination for scrapbookers and crafters to do what they love: relax and enjoy their favorite craft project. Our studio is a crafters dream! Our crops provide a venue ideal for scrapping - your own 6ft table, lots of space for friends, wi-fi, and many tools including a Cricut, Cuttlebug, and Sizzix Dies/cutter, to help you create beautiful scrapbook pages or crafts that your family will enjoy for years to come. We also offer a wide variety of classes and can host events such as birthdays, ladies nights, bridal/baby showers etc. that your guests will rave about for years.


Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stamping on pages from old books

One of my recent favorite techniques is stamping on pages from old books.
I love the look of the old paper, the old print and the stamp over the text.
Here are a few cards that I have made recently at My Happy Place using this technique.
The borders on this card and the one below, were done with one of the punches available for use at My Happy Place.
All these stamps are from either QKR Stampede or Eureka! Stamps
and are from my personal collection.

 This last card, I didn't stamp onto the page, but used the page as a background for a couple images that I stamped, colored and fussy cut.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these cards and gotten some inspiration from them.
If you have any questions about this technique feel free to leave them in a comment or ask me next time you stop in to My Happy Place.
Hope to see you soon!

No comments: